Medical Dictionary: Alexander Disease
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Alexander Disease: Another name for Alexander Syndrome.
Alexander Disease (condition): Brain myelin disorder causing mental degeneration.
Alexander disease is a rare, genetic, degenerative
disorder of the nervous system. It is one of a group of genetic disorders
called the leukodystrophies that affect growth of the myelin sheath — the
fatty covering which acts as an insulator — on nerve fibers in the brain.
More information on medical condition: Alexander Syndrome:
- Introduction: Alexander Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Alexander Syndrome
- Types of Alexander Syndrome
- Symptoms of Alexander Syndrome
- Treatments for Alexander Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Alexander Disease Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center