Treatments for Infantile colic
Treatment list for Infantile colic: The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Infantile colic includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.
- Burping or winding the baby - sometimes successful burping will reduce crying.
- Holding the baby - sometimes the baby just wants to be held.
- Cuddling the baby
- Put baby to sleep - although easier said than done, sometimes the baby just wants to go to sleep.
- Rocking the baby
- Putting baby to sleep in a pram
- Put baby in a rocking swing
- Carry baby in a front-pack or sling
- Gently massage lower stomach - if the cause is gas.
- Warming the baby's stomach - taking extreme care not to burn the child.
- Avoid baby sleeping more than 3 hours - avoiding oversleeping may help in some cases.
- Antispasmodic medications - only in severe cases and not often are they successful.
- Parent coping measures:
- Remain calm - although alarming, true colic is not harmful and quite common.
- Seek support from other parents and support groups
- Avoid blaming yourself
Last revision: October 23, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center