Hernia: General term for an organ protruding where it should not.
Hernia: When an organ pokes out past the muscle wall that is supposed to hold the organ in place, you have a hernia. 1
Conditions list: The list of conditions in the Hernia group includes:
- Abdominal Hernia
- Rectal Hernia
- Hiatal hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia - occurring in newborns related to the umbilical cord
- Reducible hernia - can be moved back into place
- Irreducible hernia - cannot be moved back into place
- Incarcerated hernia - swollen and cannot be moved
- Obstructed hernia
- Strangulated hernia - when the hernia has cut off its own blood supply
Researching symptoms of Hernia: Further information about the symptoms of Hernia is available including a list of symptoms of Hernia, other diseases that might have similar symptoms in differential diagnosis of Hernia, or alternatively return to research other symptoms in the symptom center.
Treatments for Hernia: Various information is available about treatments available for Hernia, or research treatments for other diseases.
Statistics and Hernia:
Various sources and calculations are available in statistics about Hernia,
prevalence and incidence statistics for Hernia,
and you can also research other medical statistics in our statistics center.
1. excerpt from Hiatal Hernia: NIDDK
Last revision: May 29, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center