Types of Fractures
Types list: The list of types of Fractures mentioned in various sources includes:
- Subtype by type of fracture:
- Simple fracture - does not break the skin.
- Compound fracture - a fracture breaking the skin; also called "open fracture".
- Greenstick fracture - a bend-like fracture in children.
- Stress fracture - a fracture caused by repeated stress to the bone.
- Pathological fracture - a fracture caused by underlying diseases.
- Complicated fracture - also damaging nearby tissues.
- Depressed fracture - skull fracture with bone forced inwards.
- Comminuted fracture - multiple fractures and associated tissue damage to a single bone.
- Subtype by location of fracture:
Last revision: May 27, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center