Complications of Ecstasy
|About complications: Complications of Ecstasy are secondary conditions, symptoms, or other disorders that are caused by Ecstasy. In many cases the distinction between symptoms of Ecstasy and complications of Ecstasy is unclear or arbitrary.|
Complications list for Ecstasy: The list of complications that have been mentioned in various sources for Ecstasy includes:
- Acute complications of ecstasy use may include:
- Heart attack
- Brain hemorrhage (see Brain symptoms)
- Hyperthermia - due to raised body temperature and dehydration with loss of self-awareness of body temperature.
- Hyponatremia - from drinking too much water to cause "dilutional hyponatremia"
- Traffic accidents
- Deaths - death is possible from ecstasy due to any of these above-listed acute complications.
- Long-term complications of ecstasy usage:
- Psychological dependence on ecstasy
- Physical dependence on ecstasy - it is unclear if this occurs.
- Social or family problems
- Physical long-term complications of ecstasy use are unclear
- Fetal complications in pregnant women are unclear
- Miscarriage - may possibly be caused by ecstasy use.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center