Prevention of Diabetic neuropathy
Prevention of Diabetic neuropathy: Here is what you can do to prevent nerve damage:
- Keep your blood sugar as close to normal as you can.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Take care of your feet (see What can I do to take care of my feet?).
- Tell your doctor about any problems you have with
- Your feet and legs.
- Your stomach, bowels, or bladder.
- Also tell your doctor if you
- Have problems when you have sex.
- Cannot always tell when your blood sugar is too low.
- Feel dizzy when you go from lying down to sitting or standing.
1. excerpt from Keep your nervous system healthy: NIDDK
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center