Treatments for Diabetic Diarrhea
Treatment list for Diabetic Diarrhea: The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Diabetic Diarrhea includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.
- Control blood sugars - to reduce any nerve damage.
- High-fiber diet
- Anti-diarrhea medication - Immodium, Donnagel, Lomotil (diphenoxylate)
- Antibiotic (broad-spectrum) - tetracycline
Treatments of Diabetic Diarrhea discussion:
To relieve diarrhea or other bowel problems, antibiotics or clonidine
HCl, a drug used to treat high blood pressure, are sometimes prescribed.
The antibiotic tetracycline may be prescribed. A wheat-free diet may also
bring relief since the gluten in flour sometimes causes diarrhea.
1. excerpt from Diabetic Neuropathy The Nerve Damage of Diabetes: NIDDK
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center