Causes of Amenorrhea
Underlying condition causes of Amenorrhea: The list of possible underlying conditions (see also Misdiagnosis of underlying causes of Amenorrhea) mentioned in various sources as possible causes of Amenorrhea includes:
- Breast feeding
- Exercise - might lead to skipping a period.
- Stress - can cause menstrual irregularity.
- Illness - can cause menstrual irregularity.
- Major life changes - can cause menstrual irregularity.
- Major emotional trauma - issues such as grief, depression, or anxiety
- Excessive dieting
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Female athlete syndrome
- Curettage - complications such as adhesions.
- Asherman's syndrome
- Hypothalamus disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Ovarian hormone disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Reproductive disorders
Amenorrhea as a complication: Other conditions that might have Amenorrhea as a complication might be potential underlying causes of Amenorrhea. The list of conditions listing Amenorrhea as a complication in our database includes:
Amenorrhea as a symptom: Conditions listing Amenorrhea as a symptom may also be potential underlying causes of Amenorrhea. The list of conditions listing Amenorrhea as a symptom in our database includes:
Related information for causes of Amenorrhea:
Further relevant information on causes of Amenorrhea may be found
in the risk factors for Amenorrhea
and underlying causes of Amenorrhea.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center